Tuesday, March 4, 2014

The Quilts arrived in To Afghanistan!  Here is a photo of the Quilt with Patch!

Quilt with Patch - Conference Room
I have been told the Quilts were well received.
Hoping!  Fingers Crossed.

My work studio is the Apartment, the Coffee Table, my bedroom that has a table too!
My Singer One Plus sets on an Outdoor Table 60 inches Round.  Singer is the sewing machine I first learned to sew on, as a small child.


I want to Thank all the stores involved with helping me with the Rules of Quilting, Lessons learned a long time ago, and the new Modern Lessons of Quilting!  Fabric and Thread and Cutting
and Ironing of these Quilts.

Old lessons remembered,  New ones learned from all the Great Teachers at Craftsy.com (www.craftsy.com)
The Missouri Star Quilt Store, (http://www.missouriquiltco.com/)The Fat Quarter Shop (http://www.fatquartershop.com/), Jo-Ann Fabrics (http://www.joann.com/) and yes, Walmart the only Brick and Mortar Store.   Red Rock Thread (www.redrockthreads.com/) for all of the Thread.
YLI, 40wt Variegated was the dominate thread used.  Gutermann, Presencia and Coats and Clark.
I would like to thank Fiskars(http://fiskars.com), for my Rotary cutters, and mats.
GE and Hamilton Beach for my Retractable cord Irons.
The Dominate Fabric used in Both Quilts:  Northcott, Stonehenge, Moda, the only pre-cut used, "Shades of Black" mini charm pack, Kona, the rich Brown binding.

The Patch is basically the Fabric from Jo-Ann's Fabrics- 100% cotton, Stonehenge is the brilliant yellow Chevrons and the Crown. The Camouflage with the Tanker is actually BDU uniform from the Soldier that requested the Quilts, My Son Maj. Killaurin Roberts.  Stonehenge Metallic is the fabric surrounding the Patch the Black, Red and Green.   All Thread used on the Patch Writing is YLI, 40wt. variegated.  A very scary project for me.

I do need to Thank, Darlene of HSN for encouraging me to go for with my Singer One Plus sewing machine.   It was back in June of 2013 when these quilts were considered.
I did not have a sewing machine.  I did not know what machine to choose and somehow, my computer went to HSN.  There was a Singer Special - "Singer One Plus" with major Accessories package.
This was just a phenomenal  accident with my computer.  I had not been on the HSN website since trying to locate a White Christmas Tree.   I true blessing if ever there was one.   Now, I just need the Singer Futura Quintet to set next to my Singer One Plus for the dynamic duo to just go Crazy.

Another Group I must Thank:  United States Postal Service and  United Parcel Service.  From the delivery of the "Singer One Plus", to each package of Fabric, Thread, Fiskar Cutters and Mats to Ultimate delivery to Afghanistan.  Thank-you.

I hope that any and all that are part of the Military Family, Will understand with each cut, each stitch, each rip out, each correction, each artistic thought, every time I touched these Quilts, It was for your Valor over all these years.  You have as always given Us the best of your Lives.  The Return is not measurable.

It would the last big Project for Ms Patches and I.  She kept me going!  She loved being on the Porch in the Sun with the Fabric being Hung to Dry in the Wonderful Fragrance of the Great North Atlantic Ocean.  Only Sea Salt smells so fresh and inviting that it insist you travel far.
It was a pleasure to make these two Quilts.

I will also say, that my Sons surprised me with a Dog on my Birthday!  A Cavachon.  It is a cross between a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel and a Bichon Frise.
His name is :  Chewbacca, Ms Patches last chosen stuffed toy was for Halloween and it was Petco's Star Wars Toys.  She knew.
Chewbacca
Now, the next Campaign of the Quilts!  The Story Continues.

No comments: